Tuesday, May 06, 2008

May 6th 08

Sorry I've been elsewhere but I'm still here.

Had a bit of a computer security problem as I tried to find an Virus Protection that satisfied me. I finally decided to give Windows Livecare a try and see how it does. It is a combination of several security programs approved by ol' Bill Gates himself. I hope he knows what he's talking about.

I have been busy writing. Here is own "inner flap" description:


Enos Walker has found himself in the city of Nyx. A city that seems to be in eternal twilight. A city that exists in another universe that is like, yet very unlike our own. A city which can be reached by subway from our own universe for there is a secret place. A place in both worlds where their subway lines come close enough to touch and cross over. Yet it is less like our world than it seems as each passing hour reveals new differences. The greatest difference of all is when one dies, their body splits open and it is a hollow shell, there is nothing on the inside. And twilight reigns eternal. Is it night or day that is coming?

Yes I know the symbolism is a little obvious

Then here is a good one by Mallard Fillmore.


My Dad is doing astonishingly well. He has a bit of trouble talking and sometimes jumbles words but each day takes us further and further ahead. He has already, in many ways, come much further than I expected him to. God be praised. What else can I say.

Sadly I don't get to see him as much as I like because of difficulties in transportation. By the time I would get there most days visiting hours would be over but I see him every weekend.

4 Comments:

Blogger Crazy Politico said...

The symbolism maybe be a touch obvious, but not in a bad way.

Glad to hear Dad is doing better, hopefully the transportation probably will clear up soon and you can see him more.

11:06 PM  
Blogger Gayle said...

Here's hoping your dad continues to improve, Shoprat.

The city of Nyx sounds interesting. Are all the inhabitants Democrats? ;)

10:58 AM  
Blogger Bloviating Zeppelin said...

That Mallard is absolutely correct: the current Demorats wouldn't give JFK the Time-o-Day.

Blessings to your father.

BZ

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My security system is Trend Micro PC-cillin 2008, and it's awesome. The person who first recommended Trend Micro to me learned his computer skills in the NSA, so I took him seriously and am glad I did.

I'm very glad to hear that your father's improving.

BZ, that's because they've since been bought and paid for by the far left.

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home