Friday, July 18, 2008

A Psychic Blunder

I do not deny that some people do have a degree of strange abilities ( between some odd natural abilities and some demonic activity) but anyone who gives psychic readings for money sends off serious alarm claxons in my head.

How about this? A mother almost loses her child because of the "evidence" given by an anonymous psychic to a school employee. Fortunately it went nowhere but the psychic who did this needs to be held accountable.

Like I said, I have had dreams that predicted the future (and even more that did not) and have had premonitions (most of which did not materialize.) I do not deny that there are strange things out there, but one should proceed with extreme caution at the very least, if one proceeds at all, seeing as God has told us to seek out Him, and not psychics.

And when they say to you, "Consult the mediums and spiritists who whisper and mutter." should not a people consult their God? Should they consult the dead on behalf or the living? (Isaiah 8:19)

Perhaps one should consider this as well.

"It is not a bad thing to hear voices," said Krag, "but you mustn't for a minute imagine that all is wise that comes to you out of the night world." (David Lindsay, A Voyage to Arcturus.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Gary said...

I'm reminded of King Nebuchadnezzar, and his troubled dreams as told in the book written by Daniel:

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=daniel%202&version=51

It seems his top Magicians, Enchanters, Sorcerers and Astrologers couldn't get past the 'show'. So King Nebby called on the prophet Daniel who not only interpreted the dream, but told the King exactly what he had dreamed. Not by his own power or special 'gift', but by the power of God.

In the back of popular magazines are monthly horoscopes. Can you imagine what the public would say if they put monthly bible verses instead?

Why not go directly to the SOURCE of power rather than a 'retailer' selling a fake and making a profit?

1:30 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

the thought that top school officials can't tell the difference between reality and imagination makes one wonder what the kiddo's get taught.

2:29 PM  
Blogger Gayle said...

These days, Mark, the kiddo's get taught naught!

Sheesh, Shoprat! I read the article at the link. How utterly stupid and intrusive. Stupid people with good intentions can be horrible dangerous. I've never been to a psychic and have no intention of ever going to one. If God wants me to know something then He will tell me. Any other source coming out of someone else's head or imagination is unreliable.

I also have had a few psychic premonitions that have come true and one probably saved my husband's life as well as my own. I know from whom those experiences came, and it was not through any special power of my own. Neither would I even think of predicting anything for anyone else... ever! The psychic in this article should be charged. Some lawsuits are necessary and I think this would be one of them.

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home