Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Hacker Brags

So the mental genius/moral imbecile who hacked into Sarah Palin's Yahoo E-mail account had to brag about it.

Michelle Malkin has posted the story. (I know! She's a far right pundit and thus should never be considered a source. Sorry! I disagree. ) Actually she is not the source but is merely passing on information that she got from another source who studied the original material. Much of the information is verified here.

Here's the best part. The bragging hacker was disappointed. Why?

I read though the emails… ALL OF THEM… before I posted, and what I concluded was anticlimactic, there was nothing there, nothing incriminating, nothing that would derail her campaign as I had hoped, all I saw was personal stuff, some clerical stuff from when she was governor…. And pictures of her family

I then started a topic on /b/, peeps asked for pics or gtfo and I obliged, then it started to get big

Earlier it was just some prank to me, I really wanted to get something incriminating which I was sure there would be, just like all of you anon out there that you think there was some missed opportunity of glory, well there WAS NOTHING, I read everything, every little blackberry confirmation… all the pictures, and there was nothing, and it finally set in, THIS internet was serious business, yes I was behind a proxy, only one, if this shit ever got to the FBI I was fucked, I panicked, i still wanted the stuff out there but I didn’t know how to rapidshit all that stuff, so I posted the pass on /b/, and then promptly deleted everything, and unplugged my internet and just sat there in a comatose state

All that work and he didn't find anything to derail her. I think I'll have a little pity party for him.

Aaaawwwww!!!! Snicker-snicker.

Also, a number of sites have identified the hacker, but I have seen no real confirmation of this but if this is really the person who is suspected then it was NOT a harmless prank by zealous prankster but a crime committed for political reasons. Actually some of his boasting suggests that it was partly determined by "let's see if we can do it" and partly by political considerations.

(I have multiple E-mail accounts but I don't think any hacker would consider me a major target and since my passwords are randomly generated I don't think they'll be hacking me any time soon.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's so sad about this is that it will be years before he is prosecuted. Now if this had happened to Barack Obama, the person would be facing the firing squad immediately.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Gayle said...

I doubt it will actually take years, but Neo makes a good point. If this happened to Barack Obama their would not be a newspaper or tv station that wasn't hollering their heads off about this.

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home