Tuesday, September 16, 2008

New Accusations Against the GOP

If the GOP is accused of doing anything wrong it is automatically guilty because everyone knows the GOP is just a coalition of greedy businessmen and the ignorant hicks they dupe.

There is no truth to that statement but a lot of people either believe it or pretend to believe it.

Now some are claiming that the GOP plans to use foreclosure lists to keep people from voting. This was released in a far-left news site (an oxymoron if there ever was one), Michigan Messenger. (also here.)

Evidence: Non-existent! That is except for a private phone-call between the reporter and a GOP county chair. Assuming the GOP was planning to do such a thing, why would they tell their political opposition about it? It makes absolutely no sense to do so.

“We will have a list of foreclosed homes and will make sure people aren’t voting from those addresses,” party chairman James Carabelli told Michigan Messenger in a telephone interview earlier this week. He said the local party wanted to make sure that proper electoral procedures were followed.

Sorry but this does not pass the smell test. (That is correct Michigan Messenger; I do not believe you!) The rest of the article merely says that the GOP is preparing teams to make sure that there is a minimal number of illegal votes cast. Of course they go out of their way to make sure that this perfectly legitimate function sounds as sinister as possible.

What is to stop me from trying to vote in every precinct in this county? I certainly hope someone would challenge me and stop me. (By the way, I have no intention of trying to do that.)

This is, in my opinion, nothing more than a preemptive strike to prevent the GOP from challenging questionable voters such as the graveyard vote, the vote early and vote often vote, and the Peter Pan vote. While there are probably some shenanigans by both parties, the abuses by the Democrats are, in my opinion, more widespread and more brazen.

Fortunately the GOP is fighting back.

H/T A comment at Geeez alerted me to this "scandal".

6 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

Sounds like they are the left wing "World net Daily". You guys are always carping about the "main stream media".

So I guess if it feeds into your world view, it's legit. Otherwise, it's a left wing crackpot outfit.

I'm saying this: right wingers always use these kind of crackpot sites to back up their positions, so don't be suprized if the far left is copying your tactics.

Yeah this story is crap. So is most of the crap from WND.

That's why I am an idependant. I'm tired of all the crap. From both sides.

11:02 PM  
Blogger Z said...

Thanks for the H/T, Shoprat.

I came by to tell you your comment at Gayle's about "Sarah is either our future or we don't have one" stopped me in my tracks. I've been thinking the very same thing but not so succinctly.
If she is NOT the real thing, there will never BE a real thing..scared the H out of me, frankly. You're one smart guy, Shoprat.

As for this GOP thing? It's ALL ridiculous! The Left's saying ALL SORTS of things hoping America hears it.......true or not. Just GET IT OUT THERE!!
A Virginia paper's now saying the GOP would never vote for a Black American....
WE know EVERYBODY we KNOW would vote for a Michael Steele, etc., in a HEART BEAT, but that doesn't matter!

The Left knows AMERICA HEARS IT and most don't ask "IS THAT RIGHT?"

And then they vote. This is getting me scared, frankly. If the Right did this, the media would be screaming from the rafters.

11:17 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

WJR tried to contact the "reporter" from the Michigan Messenger, but couldn't reach her. On the other hand, they did get an on-air interview with James Carabelli, chairman of the Macomb County GOP, who supposedly made these statements. He denied making any such statement.

11:30 PM  
Blogger Gayle said...

Shoprat, that's precisely because the Democrats are more widespread and more brazen.

6:50 PM  
Blogger Gayle said...

Oops... didn't see Tim's comment. I have to say that I am aware of the fact that WND has a reputation of being far right. I have occasionally used them to garner news, but have always checked them out and actually linked to other news sources to tell the story I originally found at WND precisely because people say WND can't be trusted. It's odd though, every story I have gotten from them has proven to be true.

6:54 PM  
Blogger shoprat said...

gayle
While WND's news stories are usually true, their commentary is sometimes over the top. They have also had a couple of "scoops" turn up empty but their stories hold up the vast majority of the time. It's their commentary that sometimes has me rolling my eyes.

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home