Sunday, September 14, 2008

This Explains a Whole Lot

Seems that there are a number of things that causes the brain to shrink.

It includes such things as being overweight, drinking ahem certain beverages, etc.

But there is another real beauty of a cause.

Being a vegetarian or vegan.

It seems that some of the things that a brain needs to function well is best obtained through meat, especially liver, fish and milk. That something is vitamin B-12 and animal products are the best source of it.

That explains the intelligence of those who think it's OK to kill an unborn child for mere convenience but wrong to kill an animal for food.

And the article was published in the Times of India, not exactly a meat-eater's paradise.

Bet that upsets a few people. I guess we were designed to be omnivores afterall.

The test was done mostly on older people but I would be most curious to see if there is any effect on younger people.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"That explains the intelligence of those who think it's OK to kill an unborn child for mere convenience but wrong to kill an animal for food."

You said it, Shoprat!

6:43 PM  
Blogger Z said...

Oh, good quote there...right.

Relieved to hear this, considering we had steak for dinner. Rarely (Oy, pardon the pun) do!

1:42 AM  
Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

I bet those tree-huggers who were screaming about the trees a few weeks ago are also vegans.....heh..."plant-eaters". Ironic, no?

12:19 PM  
Blogger Gayle said...

I'm never going to be in danger of being a vegetarian, Shoprat. I can't imagine having to never eat a good T-bone steak again! :)

2:26 PM  
Blogger The Practicalist said...

I guess this goes to show that maybe you really are what you eat. Or at least you become what you eat...

Great insight. Reminds me of my wife's coworker who got all over my wife about a woman's right to kill her unborn, but then came in sobbing uncontrollably after seeing a dead cat in the road.

Diminished capacity.

11:42 PM  
Blogger shoprat said...

neocon Thanks

z I love steak too

wordsmith yes it is

gayle me neither

practiclist I guess they don't know what they do.

1:03 AM  
Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

You just reminded me: I'm a member of the militant vegetable rights movement.

1:39 AM  
Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

I kid.

1:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home