Saturday, December 06, 2008

Close

Last night I got a phone call that they were taking Dad to the ER because he was incoherent and I was under the impression that this was it. I grabbed my brother who lives only a few miles away and headed up to the Bay City Central Hospital. When we got there he looked week but recognized us. What happened was that his blood sugar had plunged dangerously low. A couple hours later we were taking him back to his own house. Thank God.

Also the testing went very well and I have a good chance of getting one of the jobs. I received the highest score of the group that was tested. Here's hoping and praying.

Update 7:30. He's back in the hospital because his blood sugar is low and unstable. He is not in any immediate danger but I am keeping in touch just in case.

9 Comments:

Blogger AmPowerBlog said...

I'm so glad to hear your dad is going to be alright.

2:05 PM  
Blogger christian soldier said...

GREAT on both issues!
Will keep praying for your Dad and for your job opportunity...
C-CS

4:18 PM  
Blogger Lone Pony said...

Whew! Glad your father is ok. Hope you get that job. I think of you often.

7:21 PM  
Blogger I.H.S. said...

Great to hear of the testing results. Also, I'm yet praying for your father, as this must be a very trying time.

Blessings.

10:27 AM  
Blogger Joubert said...

I'll keep you and your dad in my prayers.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

My prayers are with you as well.

9:20 PM  
Blogger Ducky's here said...

Is he overdosing his insulin?

2:24 PM  
Blogger Bloviating Zeppelin said...

Prayers for your father.

BZ

2:48 PM  
Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

You and your father are in my prayers.

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home