Monday, August 31, 2009

Catching Up Again

I cannot believe that I haven't posted in a week.


Work is actually picking up a little, mostly because our competition is mostly out of business. We still have a couple left, but several of our competitors have shut their doors. I sympathize with those who lost their jobs and hope they can find new ones soon. Since we are aftermarket we are not quite as subject to new auto sales.


I can't say Dad is doing well but he is doing better than I expected. I'd like to spend more time up there but work schedule makes it difficult and car problems, soon to be fixed, are only making it worse. (I got one problem solved, and now another related problem.)


I have been giving a lot of thought and doing a lot of research into eschatology for the last week. This is of course a touch subject because prophecy has a tendency to be obscure until it is actually fulfilled and mistaken interpretations are all too common. The disciples of Jesus did not realize how many prophecies He fulfilled until He ascended into Heaven and they started studying the prophecies and were amazed. One of the biggest obstacles to pre-Christian students of Hebrew prophecy was how to reconcile the two images of the Messiah, the Suffering Servant and the triumphant King. Today we understand it but it was a source of a lot of confusion until it was fulfilled. Of course there are always skeptics, and always were. I would have loved to have seen the skeptics in the crowd when Lazarus came out of his tomb.


So many have written about that idiot cop who told a conservative protester that "It ain't no more" that nothing more can be said. He should be a poster child for the Obamaniacs.


Do you need a good laugh. Check out this post at Pasadena Closet Conservative. It gave me a badly needed laugh.


Here's something amazing. My parents should be rightly proud of 53 years together, but this couple has them beat. How often do you hear of a Diamond (75th) Wedding Anniversary. Ruth and Raymond Zink of Suburban Flint Michigan have done it. Hats off to them for an incredible feat.

7 Comments:

Blogger AmPowerBlog said...

Just post when you can, Shoprat!

And congratulations to your parents and family!

7:54 PM  
Blogger Z said...

Shoprat, I hope you do write about faith issues more here...I'd very much enjoy reading your posts on that subject.
Am going to Pasadena's now to get a laugh myself; I REALLY need one long about now..I wish I could tell you why. If you had an email address somewhere, I would :-)
please pray for the Z's, okay?

Your parents should be proud of those many years and, if you don't mind my saying so, because they've got one heck of a great son.
z

8:09 PM  
Blogger Bloviating Zeppelin said...

"Eschatology"?

That's more than just a bit grim, don't you think?

BZ

8:28 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

Good to have you back.

Hat tip to the 53 years

8:51 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Congrats to your parents for 53 years, and to the Zinks for 75! WOW!

10:11 PM  
Blogger Average American said...

Glad your dad is a little better and congrats on 53 years! Wow, 75 years, don't see that very often.

3:03 AM  
Blogger benning said...

The Lazarus story is remarkable, not just because Jesus brought him back from the dead. Jesus actually waited. To make sure nobody would be in any doubt as to Lazarus' condition. Seeing as how Lazarus and Jesus were close, this was a painful time for Jesus. But to confound His critics, and the sceptics, He waited.

Then He went. And raised Lazarus from Death.

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home