Saturday, February 27, 2010

I Have Not Forgotten

Work is going OK and moving is doing quite well as well. It is amazing how much stuff accumulates when you have lived in the same place since November of 88 and you don't own a pick-up to move it with. The bulk of moving is done and I just have just a few small things plus all my big things to move for which a pickup will be available to me. I plan to move the last of my things next week and then do a final clean-up of the old place. And I have internet access again - - - obviously.

I have found several things I had forgotten about including some paintings I have done and forgotten (so-so at best), my first novel, Green Paradise, which I wrote twenty years ago and is an embarrassing mess, and certainly not publishable. I may rewrite it as the core idea is good, but my writing was sloppy and silly. It's about life in America after sixty years of rule by radical environmentalists/leftists.

Dad is still hanging in there and seems to be in good spirits, though life is certainly hard when you are tough and independent at heart and have to live as an invalid. Mom was also in the hospital for a few days with an infection that is now treated. While Mom was in the hospital Dad was kept at a Hospice center for 5 days so that he could get the care he needed (and my brother who lives just a few blocks from them could get some sleep.)

As if that wasn't bad enough -- Penny, their Lhasa Apso has kidney stones (she is supposed to weigh about 12 pounds and is over 20 pounds, so the poor thing has to go on a diet as well,) She's like a daughter to them and keeps a close eye on Dad at all times. One thing after another.


Update: The date on the picture is wrong. Penny is only 3 years old. I have also had internet access for a few days now, but no time.

18 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

And you have not been forgotten either from your loyal readers, do take care and be well.

10:38 AM  
Blogger christian soldier said...

So glad to hear from you -SR-
My prayers for You-Your Mom-Dad and Brother...and that sweet dog :-)
C-CS

10:42 PM  
Blogger benning said...

Moving is tough without all the other problems you have surrounding you.

Hang in there!

11:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[ ... ] link is being shared on Twitter right now. @zenx, an influential author, said RT @1ndus: Xtreme [ ... ]

9:23 AM  
Blogger Z said...

"It's about life in America after sixty years of rule by radical environmentalists/leftists."
Wait 59 years and you'll have all the background you need! :-)
I hope you do go back to writing once you're settled in. And I wish you all the best in the move and that you're so happy to be where you are.
Blessings to your family; it's good to hear things are going relatively well. xxx

4:19 PM  
Blogger I.H.S. said...

Prayers and Blessings to you Shoppie! I've been gone awhile, but I'm starting to make my way back on the scene.

Pray for me and you know you have mine, for you and the family!

Blessings!

4:30 PM  
Blogger Always On Watch said...

It is amazing how much stuff accumulates when you have lived in the same place since November of 88...

Do I ever know about accumulating stuff! Mr. AOW and I have been here on this same property since 1972, my family going back to 1947. Moving out of here is going to be a Herculean task and will require professional movers, no matter what the cost.

Glad to read that you're getting some more time with your dad. Cherish that time!

8:52 AM  
Blogger Bloviating Zeppelin said...

God bless you and your parents, Shop! Post when you wish; you and your family will be in our prayers as I'm sure you well know.

BZ

P.S.
I'm having to cut much of my own "stuff" at home and yes, boy am I aware of how much "stuff" I have. It's time for me to continue to "triage" my "stuff" -- but it's somehow liberating to streamline things when possible.

BZ

7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!


Mansour Engineering always considers adding high performance features in large capital projects that maximize operational energy savings; improve comfort, health, and safety of occupants and visitors; and limit detrimental effects on the environment.

[url=http://www.mansour.ca] click here to go to Mansour Engineering[/url]


http://www.mansour.ca

2:28 PM  
Blogger Always On Watch said...

Shoprat,
Just stopping by on March 10th to see how you are.

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amiable post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.

8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shoprat, God bless and enjoy your time with your father - it s a gift. God bless you both!

2:23 PM  
Blogger christian soldier said...

know you are extremely busy-could you just let us know you are OK?
C-CS

8:21 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

I have moved over 30 times in my life, so I understand the stresses involved.

We'll pray for you.

Please pray that I'm soon employed so I won't have to move again.

5:48 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

I was glad to see you post a comment on my St. Patrick's Day posting, hoping you are doing well.

7:44 AM  
Blogger Z said...

Boy, are YOU missed..I hope all's going well. xxx

1:55 AM  
Anonymous Angie said...

I remember reading that book of yours 20 years ago. It was so fascinating that I still remember it today. We are are own worst critics. It would be enjoyable to read it after you clean it up to your hearts content. What can I say, we were all much younger 20 years ago. You and your entire family are in my prayers. I am excited for you in your new adventure in home ownership. I truly enjoy reading your posts, as always you make me think. God bless.

8:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.

5:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home