Friday, December 02, 2005

Another Way to Deny the Obvious

I am eagerly anticipating the release of The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe next week. I have loved the Chronicles of Narnia since I was 11 (when my 6th grade teacher introduced me to them).

USA today has an article on the movie asking a question that I consider just plain silly.

On Dec. 9, a $150 million movie version will open nationwide, reigniting an old debate: Is the world created by British author C.S. Lewis a rip-roaring piece of fantasy — or a fairy tale suffused with Christian imagery?

Anyone who has read the Chronicles, along with the rest of Lewis' work can easily answer that question. Of course those who wish may choose to ignore the Christian allegory and still enjoy it as high fantasy, and many do.

Added 9:01 PM Looking at the pictures that the link leads to it has a picture of Aslan before the Pevensie children and the caption says "Aslan, voiced by Liam Neeson, is the king and god of Narnia." notice that god is spelled with a small g.

1 Comments:

Blogger shoprat said...

Hope you enjoy it.

The Goblet of Fire Movie wasn't bad but the book was much better

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home