Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Entertainment is Getting Even Worse

A couple weeks ago stomachs were barely holding on to their contents as Brokeback Mountain made its debut, but sadly it gets worse.

How about a musical about incestuous pedophilia; yes you read that right. A stage musical called Love Jerry is going to debut on just that topic. Fortunately it is only a play being performed on one stage at the moment and hopefully it will stay that way. Elitist theatres however seem to judge a movie's worth only on how badly it shocks the unwashed masses so I fear it may turn up in certain theatres.

H/T Jeff Gannon

Here is another beauty that is coming to television.

According to this story from Beliefnet, NBC Television has a real treat in store for people interested in religion: their upcoming drama series, The Book of Daniel, is about a married Episcopal priest, Daniel Webster, who is addicted to Vicodin, who is married and has a gay Republican son and a drug-dealing 16-year-old daughter. The American Family Association notes that the priest's secretary is a lesbian who is sleeping with his sister-in-law. Did I mention he also has a 16-year-old adopted son who is sleeping with the bishop's daughter?


From Touchstone Magazine h/t Anklebiting Pundits

I'm not even going to ask what is next. The link inside the article explains a lot but I'm not so sure I want to know.

2 Comments:

Blogger shoprat said...

yeah, well check out www.landoverbaptist.org

11:58 AM  
Blogger Dionne said...

It is amazing what the media thinks is good to put out. Over my dead body will I be watching Brokeback Mountain and it's a good thing I'm not into plays. I think I saw advertisements about that TV show you're talking about. Didn't look good to me either.

O'Reilly was talking about Brokeback Mountain the other night and this entertainment lady kept going on and on about what a great movie it was. O'Reilly pointed out how few people were going to see it and how little money it was making. She glossed over those facts. As long as the movie endorses Hollywood's ideals it doesn't seem to matter whether it makes money or not.

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home