Thursday, December 15, 2005

What The ... !!!

An old friend used to speak of women saying "You can't live with them and you can't make a rug out of them." I don't know if that applies so much to the female of our species so much as it applies to the bane of human existance --- Computers!

Mine gave me a first class headache a couple hours ago. I was surfin the net when all of a sudden everything started going goofy. The all the icons on my desktop started .. er I can best describe it as vibrating. I could access the net but I couldn't go anywhere. Freecell promptly offered me the options window and would not let me close it ... it kept coming back. I managed to get my anti-virus going and it said nothing was there. Same with spyware. I reset the settings to a couple of days ago. Same old stuff. I shut down and restarted twice to the same results. Then my lovely machine locked up on me so I had to bail.

But as I was going through the disc-scan (as it always does when you bail) it found a couple of problems and truncated them and now the darned thing works fine. Does anyone remember the good ol' days of the CoCo 64, The Commodore 64 or TI994A? Reset did it everytime with those computers.

Still need to find out what happened so it doesn't happen again.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lone Pony said...

The other day, I received an email from a guy I went to school with. He said he just got rid of his Tandy he had owned since the 1980s. I've only owned one for five years or so and I think I'm addicted. I've enjoyed reading your blog so...find out what happened so it doesn't happen again. LOL

6:00 AM  
Blogger shoprat said...

Hey A&C

Where is CCC? His blog started out great and then he just stopped.

4:44 PM  
Blogger Rebekah said...

Oh, computers! Mine hate me, too! Mine is definitely posessed - it's a conspiracy! HELP!!

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home