Sunday, October 01, 2006

Are You A Nazi

I went to the blog "A Trainwreck at Maxwell" and was kindly linked to a test to see how likely I was to become a Nazi in Hitler's Germany had I lived in the right time and place I came up with:

Welcome to the Resistance (Der Widerstand)! You believe in freedom, justice, equality, and your country, and you can't be converted to the the dark side.

Breakdown: your Blind Patriotism levels are borderline unhealthy, but you show such a love of people from everywhere and a natural resistance to brainwashing, you would probably focus your energy to fight the Fuehrer with furor, so to speak.


Conclusion: born and raised in Germany in the early 1930's, you would have taken up ARMS against the oppressors. Or even your friends' oppressors.

Congratulations! Less than 5% of all test takers earn a spot in the Resistance!

I have some real problems with this quiz. Some of these are fun but this one could be very insulting. The very nature of the questions reveals the extreme political and philosophical bias of the man who wrote it. Patriotism, religion, ethnic pride etc seems to bother him. I wonder what these people would find if they had given this quiz to the men and women who actually fought against Hitler. We used the same virtues to fight him as he abused in his attempt to conquer the world. We put our patriotism against his. We put our willingness to fight and die against his. What we shared with the Nazis made it possible for us to defeat them. Where we are different made it worth the trouble to defeat him.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gayle said...

I failed miserably! Sob! I got called a Nazi, and was told I would have joined up in a heartbeat!

Actually, it's a load of crap. I could never have turned a blind eye to Hitler's so-called "civilian programs" as the author said I would have done. You are exactly right, patriotism, ethnic pride and religion does indeed bother him. It's obvious that the man is probably a liberal atheist.

11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home