Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I Thought I Was Safe

I have, or so I thought, the traditional array of protections for my computer.

My anti-spyware package expired on Sunday and I replaced it today. I ran the scan with the new system and my jaw hit theground. My initial scan with the new one revealed 210 spyware cookies. I am sure I didn't get those in the last 48 hours. I am stunned that I spent the last year with an inferior spyware detection and removal system and am very unhappy with this.

I am writing a letter to that old company but will not reveal their name until I get an answer, if I get an answer.

4 Comments:

Blogger dons_mind said...

i emphatize shoprat....few months ago i had a similar experience..bought a new dell laptop...it came with Trend Micro's PC-cillin protection software. i really liked it - nice interface, easily understood, worked well and seems to do just what it says it will. so i bought it to replace the symantecs norton on my other computers. wow! tons of adware, spyware junk on both of the other machines that didn't show up on a norton scan... i'm happy i changed.......

8:58 AM  
Blogger KurtP said...

I've been happy with the free stuff I download from Majorgeeks.com/. I've got AVG anti-virus, Spy-bot (a pre-screen for spyware) and AdAware.
They do a pretty good job in stopping, or alerting you of anything happening.

1:03 PM  
Blogger Gayle said...

I recently updated my spyware to Trend-Micro and was shocked by the same thing, Shoprat! It makes you wonder if anything out there can catch it all.

10:40 AM  
Blogger shoprat said...

Oneta Teletype and KurtP
Thanks for the info but my spyware set has cleaned out a lot of things.

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home