Thursday, February 08, 2007

Just For a Couple Days

Right now I 'm just trying something out so forgive the annoyance. I am, for the heck of it, running this blog using a font based on my own handwriting.

In order to see it properly you need the fonts yourself. They can be found at my Geo-Cities Site and it is the font called Shoprat.

Just download and unzip the file (I built the zip file myself; there are no viruses in it) and install it through your control panel. After you have installed it, reload this page or refresh it as you prefer and you should see it in a rough facsimile of my penmanship (such as it is).

The other fonts are your's for the taking. They're just some dingbats I have made. If I get enough complaints I 'll go back to the original default font.

5 Comments:

Blogger BB-Idaho said...

Fonts are fascinating, my wife is downloading them constantly for her
scrapbook hobby. Years ago when I ran a research lab, I became interested in the runic font, the original greek-based lettering of the Goths, and later Vikings and
Saxons..the chicken scratch runes.
As a lark, I began writing notes on the communications board in runic and before long, all the science folk were doing their written communications in runic font. Drove Marketing nuts!!

5:29 PM  
Blogger Gayle said...

I can see where BB may have been a pain in the butt for Marketing. LOL!

Looks like you're having fun, Shoprat, and it looks fine to me. Personally I don't care what font you use as long as I can read it, and I can read it just fine. :)

6:26 PM  
Blogger shoprat said...

bbi I have quite a few fonts myself. I also read and write in Hebrew (& Greek) so I frequently write notes that only I can understand.

Gayle It is just trying to make it look more personal. It's kind of sloppy. My brother's turned out really well but he's a neater writer than I am.

10:01 PM  
Blogger Dionne said...

I like the bigger font.

1:52 PM  
Blogger Gayle said...

I admire the fact that you can write in Hebrew & Greek! Wow! I could never retain more than two languages at a time. I learned Spanish, then learned German and lost the Spanish. Unfortunately, it's been so long since I used German I lost it too, but considering what Germany has been doing lately, it doesn't bother me. Perhaps I should learn Hebrew. Seems to me it would be more useful than either German or Spanish! :)

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home