Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Everyone Should Wear A Red Shirt. (UPDATED!)

It seems some gangs don't like it when other people wear red shirts because red shirts are their "colors".

Staples employees wear red polo shirts when they are working which is the store uniform. The results: One gets beaten up for wearing gang colors.

Staples has changed their shirt colors in other neighborhoods for that reason, but the whole thing is ridiculous. No one owns a color. Are they going after the Detroit Redwings next? Their shirts are red.

But here is another question, not approved for press conferences that needs to be asked. If one has so little regard for the rights of others as to attack a person where a monochrome shirt, what can one do with them or expect from them? If you outlaw guns will this people honor that law? You can't be tolerant of these people. You need to let them know that they are not in charge, and keep driving the lesson home until they get it.

I think I'll wear a red shirt tomorrow.

Update: It seems there is a bit more of this going on in that area. As I read this article I don't know what is more aggravating, the deed itself or the capitulation and denial of the authorities. It is beyond absurd when you have to watch the color of clothing you wear to avoid a beating. What madam mayor needs to do is call a "red shirt day" and instruct everyone in town to wear a red shirt, and the next day will be a "blue shirt day" just to annoy the gangs.

I am reminded of an old movie called Dragonslayer starring Peter McNicol in which a cowardly king made a deal with a dragon to provide it with two virgins a year in return for peace, and the hero shouts out, "You don't make agreements with monsters! You destroy them." The king was unmoved until his own daughter was in danger, then the dragon had to go.

It doesn't matter who the bully is. If it a street gang, Islamic terrorists or Jihadists, local bullies, "politically correct" enforcers, or even a dragon (if they existed) it is all the same. A bully of any sort must never be tolerated. They must be put in their place.

11 Comments:

Blogger Joubert said...

If you wear a red shirt make sure you're packing. :)

10:18 PM  
Blogger Bob's Blog said...

You are absolutely right. I'll be in red, too.

11:07 PM  
Blogger jack rensimer said...

I'd like them to go after the Redwings. The no good thug lifers will get the cr#p beat out of 'em...

:)

11:41 PM  
Blogger Douglas V. Gibbs said...

I'm an Anaheim Angels fan, and I wear red all the time. I am not about to bow down to a bunch of punks, that's for sure.

12:18 AM  
Blogger Lone Pony said...

If there is one thing I hate, it's a bully. Let them get their way and they just get worse. I'm wearing red today too!

7:16 AM  
Blogger Bloviating Zeppelin said...

Some public schools have outlawed everything but their own "uniform" to get away from the "colors" thing entirely.

BZ

8:56 AM  
Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

I don't know what the big deal is...the mayor said the city is safe.

Phew! I know I feel better.

5:41 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

Well said, Shoprat.

5:54 PM  
Blogger Dionne said...

"A bully of any sort must never be tolerated. They must be put in their place."
------------------------------------
I couldn't agree more. Thats why I was so glad to see Elisabeth Hasselback put Rosie the bully in her place.

8:10 PM  
Blogger ChrisA said...

I remember hearing something similar to wearing a Raiders jacket or jersey in the "wrong neighborhood." Besides, why are they so huffy about the red shirts? Are they Ohio State shirts? I didn't know gangs were so into fashion statements, either.

8:53 PM  
Blogger Gayle said...

You mean there's no such thing as a Dragon? Darn! ;)

Where I'm at we don't have that problem so whether I wear red or not makes no difference. I always wear red on Fridays though. For the stores to change the color to mollify these idiot gang members is so wrong! Your suggestion for the mayor to call a "Red Shirt Day" is excellent. Perhaps she should get some e-mails suggesting this.

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home