Saturday, July 28, 2007

A Few Things.

First off: The Private Beauchamp affair. This seems to be a shining example of my previous post. 35 years ago this guys story would have been on all the networks and would have been published as the absolute truth and very few would have known otherwise. Instead the "alternative media" is tearing him a new one.

I am guessing that the The New Republic planted this guy in the army specifically to do this story. You might say that that's a bit extreme but the fact that he is married to a staffer on that magazine draws considerable thought into that direction. Equally disturbing is the fact that he claimed to have done these things himself. That boy is in serious trouble either way (malicious lying and war crimes are both forbidden by the UCMJ.) Looks like we were ready for this war's fraudulent "winter soldiers" (those whose lies undermined our troops Vietnam.)

Secondly
Bloviating Zeppelin has an interesting story regarding the constitutionality of the IRS and income tax in general. While I would not jump to conclusions too quickly, and certainly not do anything foolish, this case does bear watching very closely. Personally I do not feel that a reasonable income tax is a bad thing but the IRS is not sufficiently overseen and they do miscarry quite a few cases, and they are not held accountable when they do. (Also Bill Clinton used the IRS to harass and intimidate his political enemies and you can be certain that if, God forbid, she wins Madam Hillary will do the same thing.)


Thirdly
I made this chart a couple of years ago, but I don't remember why. Yesterday I refered to liberal elitists and populists, as well as conservative elitists and populists. Some people use the words interchangeably (one way or the other) but I don't.

6 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

Personally, I am so tired of this war that I just don't give a sh*t about what anybody says anymore. One thing I am sure of: It is going to end badly, no one will be happy with the outcome, and people will be blaming each other over it for years.

"Bill Clinton used the IRS to harass and intimidate his political enemies "

I think Nixon was the first to play that game, but it probably went back even further.

I think Hillary may just be the next Pres, even though I would prefer Edwards. Richardson would be great, but he'll never get it. Either way, my money is on Obama for VP.

As for the Republicans, I think Giualliani is the only one who has a chance. Fred Thompson? Gimme a break!

12:27 PM  
Blogger Gayle said...

Only time will tell regarding the elections and I so hope Tim is wrong!

I'm with you, Shoprat. I think they planted Beauchamp too. It's simply too much of a coincidence that his wife works for that rag! I sincerely with it could be proven.

4:10 PM  
Blogger Joubert said...

I like that chart.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Angevin13 said...

Shoprat and Gayle: I think that re: Beauchamp, it's more likely that TNR new of Beauchamp and his liberal leanings from his wife who worked at TNR, rather than planting him in the military.

It could've come about any number of ways: TNR approached his wife, or the wife approached TNR editors. Judging from Beauchamp's earlier blog posts, it seems he'd be more than receptive to playing the part of the "Kerry-esque" insider's view...

12:22 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

Great chart, Shoprat. I think it would be very helpful to your readers if you could draw up another chart explaining how to move from one position to another.

For example, how can I move from NRA into Old Money? :)

2:10 PM  
Blogger shoprat said...

tim I really hope, for America's sake, that Hillary is not the next president.

gayle and a13 planted or not, the results are the same.

pjc thanks.

jay Marry a rich old woman with a weak heart. ;-)

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home