Monday, August 06, 2007

A Little of This, A Little of That

Bond Tying Aaron's Record
It is a genuine accomplishment to even make the big-leagues and his record is impressive. But I'm of two minds about it. Steroids is cheating and yet, it's everywhere. Give him the record and note that it is chemically enhanced and keep Hammerin Hank's as the unenhanced record.

Living Naturally
There was a time when everything we ate was 100% natural and even our preservatives (such as they were) were natural. The vast bulk of what we ate were vegetables, meat was largely for special occasions. We practiced natural medicine and natural healing. Pollution was a local problem and not that serious (except in crowded cities). We didn't have cars polluting our air and no factories were pumping out waste.

Our life expectancy was about 40 years and (roughly) one baby in three survived to adulthood.

Someone needs to be careful about what they wish for.

Terrorism
A murder in Oakland and a couple of young men in Goose Creek, SC (not far from where my aunt lives). Not a lot is being said about it which, depending on the circumstances, might be a good thing (ie if the Gov't is acting responsibly on information that we don't have.) I do not believe these young men were naive youths that didn't realize what they were doing. Still I wonder how many other terrorist plots have been stopped without security forces sounding the trumpet.

I also wonder how many American Muslim's who are loyal to this country and its ideals, heard about the bridge in Minnesota collapsing and prayed "Don't let it be the work of Jihadists." as many others almost automatically assumed it would be.

Johnny Depp
As a political and social commenter he has the IQ of a banana. As an actor and entertainer, on the other hand, he is quite talented and one could almost call him a genius. I got some news of interest to me, though others may not care. I was looking to see if they were planning a boxed set for Pirates of the Caribbean and I discovered that he had just outright purchased the rights to Dark Shadows. One thing he and I share is a love of that old show and a long-time dream of his was to portray Barnabas. He is going to get that dream and I wish him luck and hope he does a good job.

Job Search
As you may know I am currently unemployed and am seeking work. I am filling out quite a few applications plus taking a few alternative routes. I will probably have to take a modest cut in pay from I was, unless I am very fortunate. I would appreciate all the prayers I can get. Thanks.

8 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

I'd love to see JD as Barnabas! I remember the show, but I am a little younger than you, so maybe not as vividly. I just went and saw the Bourne Ultimatum. Man, you should check it out! I think Matt Damon is the new action hero! I will pray for you to find a new job if you will throw a prayer my way for me and my current difficulties! I'm hanging onto mine for now, but it's dicey!

11:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, in Bond's case, that's not a bad idea; when your feet and head grow 2 sizes larger at his age 'enhanced' is a generous word...

11:32 AM  
Blogger Joubert said...

I'll say a prayer that you get exactly what you need. I was "downsized" at the age of nearly after 30 years in the medical biz and decided to start a whole new career - opened a restaurant.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Joubert said...

Oops! I left out the age. I meant nearly 50. You're never too old to start fresh.

12:04 PM  
Blogger Dionne said...

I'm praying for the job search, I know how difficult that can be.

My husband got laid off when the steel company he worked for went bankrupt. He had just finished his Masters in Business so we thought it would be a piece of cake for him to get a job. It took much longer than we expected and there was me & 4 kids to boot. There is nothing fun about a job search but Patrick is right about starting fresh.

I loved your comment about Depp having the IQ of a banana ;-).

2:51 PM  
Blogger Angevin13 said...

Shoprat,

I'm pulling and praying for you.

Thanks so much for your great comments.

Best Wishes,

Angevin13

8:35 PM  
Blogger ChrisA said...

Best of luck getting a new job!

11:51 AM  
Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

michael kors bags
ugg boots
michael kors bags
michael kors uk
coach outlet
ugg boots
polo ralph lauren
nike shoes
golden state warriors jerseys
coach factory outlet

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home