Thursday, August 09, 2007

My "Ideal" Job

I just spent the day in Flint (a major Michigan city) being tested and counseled for my job search.

A combination of my personality, interests and and intelligence combined to give what they think would be the perfect job for me.

I am non-aggressive and am fairly passive, doing best in a low competition environment. I am curious about just about everything. I have a good memory. I function best in a well-ordered environment. Information seems to be my key interest.

They decided I would probably be happiest as . . . .

A librarian.

Now there is a job with millions of openings all over the country. I think I'll look a little closer at some of the other matches.

9 Comments:

Blogger Bloviating Zeppelin said...

Perhaps a good match but, at least in the county in which I work, a job that is thankless, underpaid and subject to instant sacking due to budgetary constraints.

BZ

5:06 PM  
Blogger Angevin13 said...

When I was in a Home Economics class in 8th grade, we had to take one of those kinds of tests to see which job we were best suited for. I tried to rig my answers to make the test tell me I should be a football player.

It said I should be a nurse.

Today, I'm neither a nurse, nor a football player.

Go figure.

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Librarian. Cool.

5:41 PM  
Blogger ChrisA said...

I took one in high school saying I should be in HVAC. Although, the future career will more likely be engineering.

11:44 AM  
Blogger Lone Pony said...

What's wrong with being a librarian? Have you ever thought about teaching? We need people like you in our schools! They have a great program here where you can teach and get your education masters at the same time.

4:39 PM  
Blogger shoprat said...

Librarian would be a great job but not a lot of openings out there.

4:00 PM  
Blogger Bob's Blog said...

I am wishing the best for you.

12:12 AM  
Blogger miriam sawyer said...

There are supposed to be lots of openings for librarians out there, but no-one I know can find them.

10:48 PM  
Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

michael kors bags
ugg boots
michael kors bags
michael kors uk
coach outlet
ugg boots
polo ralph lauren
nike shoes
golden state warriors jerseys
coach factory outlet

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home