Monday, September 24, 2007

A Little Better

People were laughing and joking a little around me today. I also found out why they weren't on Friday. My employer lives up (down?) to the stereotype of a robber-baron capitalist. (He is also a major fundraiser, sometimes candidate, and current elected-office-holder for the Democratic Party -- so much for that absolute BS canard about the Democrats being the party of the working people.) He trusts no one and even the management jokes about his paranoia (where he can't hear of course.)

Anyway they are always cautious around new people because this guy has had people come in pretending to be new employees just to spy on his people and make sure they're actually working. That's a real upright citizen signing my paycheck. Today there was laughter and joking.

8 Comments:

Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

Glad it's a little better.
Sounds like a creepy boss though...

9:39 PM  
Blogger Joubert said...

Good. I had a hunch that there was a rational explanation. I've had bosses like that. The Dem party really is the limousine liberal party.

10:42 PM  
Blogger ChrisA said...

Ditto to what Jimmy said... glad to hear you had a chance to see some smiles.

5:02 AM  
Blogger Gayle said...

It truly explains why we call them "moonbats", Shoprat! :)

10:33 AM  
Blogger Bloviating Zeppelin said...

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean someone isn't out to get you.

BZ

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See what I get for ASSumeing things? Oh well, I conceed my mistake. Whether he is republican or democrat, it is very creepy that he feels the need to spy so much on the people who work there. I hope something better comes along for you soon. You're a good guy and deserve it.

6:39 PM  
Blogger shoprat said...

tim I appreciate the fact that you conceeded a wrong assumption. My only concern is that too many people don't realize that you have the full range of characters in both parties and that neither party can truly claim to represent the "working man" as a class as both are dominated by wealth-seeking individuals.

All
Things are improving considerably. They must know that I'm a real employee because they talk and laugh with me now and (equally important) let me know what I'm doing wrong.

7:32 PM  
Blogger Dionne said...

Good to know :-).

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home