Friday, October 19, 2007

Few Little Things

Work
Work is not the greatest but it pays the bills. I am seeing a lot of life in the employees now including a few things I'd rather not see (like a guy mooning his supervisor). I got a phone call from a prospective employer which will pay over two dollars an hour more than I was getting at my previous job but this is far from certain.

Friends
When I was in my teens there was a couple about 10-15 yrs older than my parents who became pretty much adopted grandparents to me and my brothers and were as much part of my family as my blood relatives if not more so. They died years ago but they had a couple of sons who were like uncles to me. Saw one of them today for the first time since his mother died years ago. We just sat, ate, talked, caught up, and joked. He was only around for a few hours but it really does one good to see old friends that you haven't seen in years.

Clinton
Around here very few people seem to like her or want her for president. A lot of people who dislike Bush seem to hate her even more. Can't say I blame them.

7 Comments:

Blogger Dionne said...

Sorry about work, hope something better opens up soon.

As for Clinton, it does my heart good to hear that.

10:58 PM  
Blogger Goat said...

Can you tell me what they think of Mitt Romney? I know Gov. Romney was very popular and Granholm is eating dirt. My Aunt from Michigan didn't want to talk politics when she visited recently, it was golf all the time. I know she liked Gov. Romney of Mi.

11:09 PM  
Blogger Gayle said...

It's always great to see good friends even when the visit is short, Shoprat. I'm glad you had that visit, and like Dee, I hope you find a job you like better very soon. There's nothing worse than having to work a job which you don't enjoy all aspects of.

So... they don't like Bush but they dislike Hillary even more. Good! :)

Off topic... my pc is up and running and my car isn't! :(

4:38 PM  
Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

I've noted the same thing re Clinton.

7:09 AM  
Blogger Angevin13 said...

Shoprat,

It's certainly good to hear that about Hillary in Michigan. I feel like that's the mood re: Hillary most of the places, it's just that the media is doing its best to paint her as inevitable.

5:59 PM  
Blogger Bloviating Zeppelin said...

Shop: go for the DOLLARS.

It is BUSINESS.

BZ

10:38 PM  
Blogger Bloviating Zeppelin said...

Also: I recommend taking WORD VERIFICATION "off." It makes things easier for commenters.

BZ

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home