Friday, February 22, 2008

Dad Update

The prognosis is still pretty bleak though it is not entirely hopeless. Even if he does survive he will be partially paralyzed in his right side probably blind in his right eye.

If he is incapable of any independent living we will allow nature to take its course as he would be miserable as he said several times before he had the stroke "Drooling in a wheelchair with a nurse wiping my . . .". While I have opposed, and still oppose assisted suicide, I have no moral diffiulty with ending extreme medical treatment andletting nature take its course.

We'll just have to see what's happening, Your prayers so far are appreciated.

Most of his family is with him pretty steadily is here except for one of my brothers who has legal problems. My brother who lives in Florida arrived yesterday and his wife and kids are ready to come up. Most of his brothers and sisters are visiting regularly too.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lone Pony said...

This is what I get for being so busy. I haven't had time to read blogs and then find out my friends are having a hard time. Of course, I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

I am so sorry for your Father's situation. I can imagine how he feels, but I know how hard it is on you at this time. It was very hard for me to see my parents get feeble. They went down fighting and that's what I plan on doing.

Take the best care of you that you can during this difficult time.

11:22 AM  
Blogger Joubert said...

Your dad's only ten years older than me. I had a stroke 4 years ago that left me totally paralyzed on my left side. The brain can adapt to the damage and use another part to take over control but that requires real effort and will power. I'll always be slightly paralyzed but not totally crippled which I was for 6 months.

It does depend on what type of stroke - ischemic or hemorrhagic. The first can do more brain damage but the second is often fatal.

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our prayers are with your father and your family.

8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know this guy. Maybe this will give you some alternatives.

10:17 PM  
Blogger shoprat said...

Thanks to all, in all postings, who have prayed for my father and my family. I do appreciate it.

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home