Monday, September 29, 2008

Another Absence.

I spent this weekend at my parents' home giving some assistance to Mom and my brother.

Dad is doing fairly well at home but it hurts him to sit in a wheelchair too long so that limits him a bit. We went to our family reunion yesterday and it was the first time that he has been on an actual outing since he had his stroke on February 20th.

It's hard to see my father who was such a rugged and independent man all of his life reduced to this, yet at times I see his inner strength and humor shine through. He's a tough old Marine, even when he's in a wheelchair.

Last night I was messing with my anti-virus system, which I was very unhappy with; I finally got fed up with it and flushed it and reinstalled AVG. The first run showed over 250 problems that PC Tools Anti-Virus had missed. (Mostly tracking cookies.) (I was using the free edition which could have been the problem. The paid-for edition might be better.) The fact that I had so many tracking cookies means I need to take a good look at my spyware defenses as well.

5 Comments:

Blogger christian soldier said...

Welcome back!
Thank you for sharing about your father-it is hard - on the whole family-The memories become clearer though...

Thank you - too- for the computer 'words' - flushed it-AVG-cookies-- Now I know what to ask for when enlisting the aid of my son.

10:58 AM  
Blogger benning said...

Nice to know Dad was on a field trip with you! DId he enjoy h9imself? :D

I dumped Norton and went to AVG. Haven't regretted it. And I paid for the Norton! Sheesh!

Have you got the SpyBot Search and Destroy?

5:27 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

My grandmother has Alzheimer's, it's rough.

We have used AVG for years and have had real good luck with it. I've been using CCCleaner lately and it's been cleaning my computer pretty good. Go to Major Geek. It's a great site for this stuff.

8:14 PM  
Blogger Gayle said...

I'm sorry to hear that your dad is having such a hard time of it, but it's good that he still retains a sense-of-humor. This is probably almost as hard on you as it is on him.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Bloviating Zeppelin said...

But if you do away with all cookies, doesn't that limit you from some websites?

BZ

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home