Monday, September 22, 2008

Gone Again

I have spent the last three days away from home helping get things ready for my father to hopefully leave the therapy center tomorrow. We were getting his new home ready and Mom and I already spent two nights there as it turns into a home.

This afternoon I apologized to him because I won't be there when he leaves because of a job possibility, but he grinned at me and said "I'll keep!"

We got a lot done but I am still astonished at how much stuff Mom and Dad have accumulated in the 41 years they lived in their old house. I think they have at least 3, if not 4, of every tool and kitchen utensil in existence. Sadly their new home doesn't have nearly the storage capacity so they are planning a big garage sale.

Of course my little brother can barely contain himself in the blog he has kept on Dad's progress.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bloviating Zeppelin said...

That's why it's good to have a garage sale every few years!

BZ

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll take the extras!

11:26 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

We moved from a house that was little less than 1000 sq ft to a house that is almost 2200 sq ft. The stuff we moved in almost filled the new house. It defies the laws of physics. BTW, like blog, I added it to my blogroll.

8:12 PM  
Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

I have a hard time throwing things out. It's insane! I'm insane!!!

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home