Monday, September 29, 2008

I Needed Some Good News

Let's face it. The news is so depressing right now. Between the Wall Street fiasco and the inability of the sheeple to see through Obama's fraud (thanks in no small part to the extreme left controlling most of the news), the future looks kind of bleak at the moment.

So much is being said about Wall Street and the bail out right now and while I have seen and read much, I have nothing original to add at this point in time. Many good posts are being done by other bloggers.

I just needed some good news.

In all the darkness, there are a few tiny candles shining.

One of them is this. I make no secret of my love for space exploration and development and here is where I found something that cheered me up a little.

Some time ago I posted about the Dragon, a privately developed capsule capable of manned flight, that should be ready before NASA's Orion is. It's developer and owner, Space-X, just had its first successful launch of its Falcon rocket. This is a rocket that was designed, financed and built entirely by private funds. That would make it the first privately developed liquid fueled booster to put a satellite in orbit. The satellite itself was just a dummy to create a viable launch payload, but that dummy is now in orbit of the earth. (And in the near future they will be able to do it considerably cheaper than any NASA rockets .)




At a little less than 3:00 into the flight there is an enormous cheer as the first stage drops away because that is the point where the previous attempt failed destroying the earlier rocket.

It pales compared to the news we are facing right now, but now is when we need some good news, and for me the launch of the Falcon qualifies.

America has a lot of idiots, but it still the home to genius. The Falcon is American ingenuity at its best.

4 Comments:

Blogger Gayle said...

I agree with you, Shoprat. We desperately need good news and this is good news to me too.

"America has a lot of idiots..." Yep! Oh how I wish it weren't true!

10:17 AM  
Blogger Bloviating Zeppelin said...

Private funding? How great is that!

BZ

11:55 AM  
Blogger Tom said...

Nice!! Need to have something besides a government funded space program.

2:29 PM  
Blogger christian soldier said...

This does bring a smile to my heart-thank you.
It's amazing what the creative human mind can achieve especially when in a country established upon the percepts of God given freedom.

C-CS

3:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home