Monday, February 02, 2009

New Job Going Well

I started my new job and I work 2/3 of my hours over the weekend (Fri, Sat, Sun) as a watchman over a factory while it's empty at night and over weekends. During most of my shifts I am the only person there. The Human Resource Manager for the company, whom I have known since 93, recommended me for the job because he and I have worked together before and he knows that I am dependable, honest, and don't need to be supervised, all of which is essential. The recently fired gentleman that I replaced was not and they finally got tired of it. Pay is modest but better than unemployment, hours are strange, and the job is fairly boring, but on the upside it is a fairly easy job and in this economy it is a job . . .period, and not a bad one.

9 Comments:

Blogger NEO, SOC said...

Congrats!

4:11 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

Good luck. I've worked every third weekend for years, you get used to it. Plus it's nice having days open during the week when stuff is open (doctor, SOS, etc.)

6:01 PM  
Blogger Gayle said...

YAY! A job is good, Shorat. Congratulations! :)

8:59 PM  
Blogger christian soldier said...

Are you allowed to bring a good book and read? If -YES- then it's good!..
Congratulations!
C-CS

10:59 PM  
Blogger Pasadena Closet Conservative said...

You're very fortunate. I trust you're counting your blessings!

11:46 PM  
Blogger Average American said...

Sounds great Shoprat. At least you'll have plenty of blog time when you're off during the week. I tend to work in spurts. Sometimes (like now) I go for months without a job and then I'll end up working 7 days a week 10 or 12 hours a day. Usually, as long as I work at least 20 weeks a year, I do fine. I just call it being semi-retired. I'm looking to get one of those government jobs now, for the Census. If I get that, it will take me into retirement. I only plan to work another year or two whatever happens.

1:17 AM  
Blogger Bloviating Zeppelin said...

Shop: congrats. A man with ethics, pride and courage. But we already knew that. You are to be commended.

BZ

9:13 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

I'm happy to hear that the Good Lord is rewarding your faith! A big plus could be time to do your bills, read, etc. between rounds. Heck, you might even be able to blog if you have a laptop.

10:54 AM  
Blogger I.H.S. said...

Congrats.

Remember, being faithful over a few things brings about rulership over bigger things.

Blessings.

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home