Saturday, January 22, 2011

Even Starlets Are Threatened


(I am still distracted at the moment but this angered me enough that I had to say something.)

If I had a younger sister and took her off somewhere, bound her and beat her for several hours while threatening to kill her, what would the authorities do to me? Put me behind bars for six months?? In the name of justice I hope they would lock me up for far longer than that, and then after I was released I would be under a restraining order to either stay away from my sister or go back to the slammer.

Unfortunately for some justice is not an issue. Even if your younger sister is a starlet. The pretty young lady named Afshan Azad, who played Padma Patil in the Harry Potter movies was threatened by her older brother because her boyfriend is Hindu. (She was Ron Weasley's date at the Yule Ball in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.)

Big brother's punishment. A few months in jail. Even though the punishment was pathetically light, at least the judge had the courage to give some punishment.

Sadly, honor killing is all too common in some cultures. This comes from treating women as merely breeding machines. It is a real threat in lands ruled by the Religion of Peace. Women should not die for these so called crimes; the only crime for which the death penalty is acceptable is cold-blooded murder and I don't think these women qualify. The men who murder their wives, daughters, sisters, etc do qualify.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home