Friday, February 11, 2011

Mom

I am sorry to say that my Mother has passed away. She had been comatose for several days and Dad, all 4 of her sons, along with some grandchildren and one daughter in law were with her at some point during her last day. She died of multiple organ failure.

At times I am very sad and other times I feel completely cold. Her viewing will be tomorrow along with her funeral on Sunday.



Jo Ann Anderson was born in Ogden, Utah on Sept 25, 1936, being the daughter of two Swedish immigrants. Her parents were quite a bit older with her Father being my age when she was born and her mother being somewhat younger, but died before Mom started school. She graduated from Ben Lommond High School in 1955 and met my Dad during the Memorial Day weekend of 1956. Six weeks later they were married and it lasted until Feb 8, 2011 when she died at 6:00 PM. Dad was holding her hand as she died.

She had four sons and eight grandchildren, with 2 great-grandchildren (and 2 more on the way.) She was also Grandma-in-heart to several other children.

Dad is holding up surprisingly well, though I don't know how long that will last. He is quite healthy except for the fact that he is paralyzed on one side.

As my life begins to return to relative normalcy I hope to resume this blog.

7 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

So sorry to hear this news, just yesterday I was wondering to myself how things were going for you and thought you must have family issues keeping you busy. You remain in my prayers during this difficult time.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Z said...

I'm so sorry about your mother's passing ... I've missed you and have come by a few times to see if you're back. My prayers for peace go to you and your family while the grief of losing her starts to be accompanied by happy memories. xx

1:14 PM  
Blogger Always On Watch said...

Shoprat,
I'm so sorry to hear of the passing of your mother. It is good that family members were with her. Sometimes, circumstances are such that the family can't be there.

When my own mother died, I though that Dad wouldn't last long. Foolish of me! He lasted over another 10 years and in good health, too.

1:30 PM  
Blogger christian soldier said...

SR-SO GLAD YOU ARE BACK--

and that you took time off to spend w/ your Mother and Father--

I missed you but knew what you were going through....
Hugs and Prayers to You and Your Family-
Carol-CS

5:14 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

Sorry to hear this Shoprat. Know that my wife and I are praying for you.

9:01 PM  
Blogger dons_mind said...

sorry to hear about your mom shoprat. know that she's in a better place and knows no pain. prayers for you and the family....

7:09 PM  
Blogger Becky Forest said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home