Friday, December 23, 2005

Would He Honor-Kill His Niece?

I think he probably would if he got the chance.

Osama Bin Laden's niece, Wafah Dufour, is a pretty woman and appears to have totally rejected her monstrous uncle, even to the point of changing her name to disassociate herself from him and his cause. Both Yahoo and the Drudge Report have the story. (though Drudge connects to Sydney Morning Herald.) She has posed in very scanty dress for GQ magazine. While I question the propriety of this, I do not believe it is a crime or anything she should be punished for.

During a Barbara Walter's interview it was stated that
Dufour's passport is American, her education European, her heritage Saudi Arabian. She is also the niece of Osama bin Laden. Dufour told Barbara Walters she has "never met him" but still can't escape the name.
"No, I can't. Unfortunately," said Dufour.
She has adopted her mother's maiden name, Dufour, and is now looking to develop a singing career after spending several years living in the United States.


She wants to be a performer but will probably never be able to perform in her homeland as I do not doubt that followers of her uncle would try to kill her.

I for one feel that she should not have to suffer in any way simply because she has a madman for an uncle. We can choose our friends but not our relatives.

I have never heard her music and so cannot comment on her talent, but I wish her well.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have personally fought the war on terrorism agents her uncle, now it time for me to plant my seed of freedom in her.

5:17 AM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

I saw her story a while back, and the girl can sing. She's the reason for the old saying "you can pick your friends, but not your relatives".

9:21 AM  
Blogger shoprat said...

Any idea where I can hear a sample of her music

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, I see...so not all Muslims are bad, just the non-female non-posing-naked ones? That makes everything much clearer...I'm sure the NSA will have no reason to drive around near her chuff with a Geiger counter. What an embarrassment *that* would be!

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home