Thursday, January 05, 2006

Is This Fair? Is it Right?

According to today's Lansing State Journal, a 51 year old woman embezzled around $69,000 from Michigan State University, her former employer. They believe she took more but cannot prove it. Her punishment is probation and she has to give the money back. This was in exchange for a guilty plea.

I say she got off little easy. As one other MSU employee told the Journal, she got an interest free loan. I would like to know if she did take more.

What would have happened to most of us if we took that much from our employers?

I tend to be quite merciful, but I believe there is difference between mercy and folly.

3 Comments:

Blogger ABFreedom said...

Hell, if I did that, they would lock me up for a good 10 years... :-(

8:47 PM  
Blogger shoprat said...

For starters because after that they would never let you live it down.

9:57 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

No this isn't right. She should do at least a little time.

1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home