Wednesday, January 04, 2006

The Washington Post Needs a Little Pressure.

The Washington Post recently published a letter by Father whose son was killed in Iraq, entitled "A Life was Wasted." While I grieve for his son and understand his reaction, I do not agree with it, nor does another father who lost his son in Iraq. He too wrote a letter that can be read at Crazy Politico's Rantings and he also has a link to contact the Post and urge them to publish both sides of this opinion. Both men are fathers who lost sons in Iraq, so they speak with equal moral authority but have opposite opinions. Please go to Politico's blog, read the letter, and follow the links to encourage the Post to publish this grieving father's letter as well.

6 Comments:

Blogger Lone Pony said...

CP is causing quite a stir. Aint it great? Sorry about the aint, somebody sent me an email about being southern and it's creeping back up on me.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

Thanks Educated one.

8:06 PM  
Blogger shoprat said...

CP I am over-educated for what I do for a living, but something tells me you have a few more years of school than I do.

9:42 PM  
Blogger shoprat said...

LP, I worry more about being able to understand a sentence, than whether or not it has an improper word in it. While I avoid using ain't, I think the rejection of it by whatever authorities decide what is and isn't proper English is simply elitism. As far as I'm concerned, if the people who speak English generally understand the term, and it's been around several generations, then it is a real word.

My dictionary calls it a "nonstandard contraction of am not" so it is in the dictionary. I avoid using it to avoid sounding like an idiot, but I see no logical reason not to recognize it as a real word.

11:26 PM  
Blogger Lone Pony said...

Thanks SR, you aint too bad. :-)

6:09 AM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

Shoprat, I have exactly 3 documented college credit hours in real estate math. If I got off my duff and did the CLEP exams I could probably earn 30-40 more due to military training.

I got lucky in that my military training and experience is necessary to teach others how to use their billion dollar toys.

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home