Sunday, February 11, 2007

A Mish-Mash

I just want to quickly run over a few things.

1. I recently posted at Absolute Zero discussing the recent arrest of a pedovore in Muskegeon Michigan.

2. Rudy-mania. I 'm not going to jump on any bandwagons yet. He is a bit to the left of center for my tastes, but if would keep his word about appointing strict-constructionist judges (which is an acid-test for my presidential and senatorial votes) then I could probably vote for him without a problem.

3. It's a cold day in Hell (and I 'm not talking about Hell Michigan either.) The New York Times which is typically the house organ of the left wing of the Democratic Party actually has a thoughtful editorial. It's about decentralizing our federal government, which is actually what was envisioned by the Founding Fathers. A group of sovereign states with a central government providing for the common defense, a common currency, common foriegn policy and to regulate interstate commerce was the original plan of the Constitutional Convention. A number of our most divisive issues such as abortion, gay rights, etc. should not even be presidential concerns; they should be handled at the state level and those who don't like a certain states policies should move elsewhere. H/T Captain 's Quarters.

4. At the Gates of Vienna, at least one group in Denmark is taking the Jihad seriously and has formed a political party to defy Sharia. It may be a small party or it may grow but we need to insert anti-sharia planks in our party platforms as well. Jihad is the greatest threat our civilization has faced in a long time and it 's time to take the gloves off. This small group in Denmark has the right idea.

5. Bushwack at American and Proud of it has a link to real nutcase moonbat who is calling on non-Americans to help him destroy the parasite that is the United States. Wow.

6. On a less serious note, I would like some practice creating fonts as I would like to be able to do it on a semi-professional level. Don 't let my chicken-scratch handwriting mislead you. If you would allow me to convert your handwriting to a font (for your own use) as practice please contact me. If you have my e-mail address (and some of you do) just write me, or contact me through my e-mail address at My Stuff in geo-cities and I will tell you what I need from you to do it. (It takes about an hour and half for printing and 2 or 3 hours for a cursive font, but I need the practice and will gladly do either.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Joubert said...

A group of sovereign states with a central government providing for the common defense, a common currency, common foriegn policy and to regulate interstate commerce was the original plan of the Constitutional Convention.

We need to get back to that ideal.

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home