Friday, February 22, 2008

Further Update

Well the prognosis is somewhat better than it was. He is very likely to survive but will probably be paralyzed on his right side and somewhat blind. He will spend weeks if not months in therapy to regain control of his body.

His survival is not certain but likely and we are no longer discussing funeral arrangements but instead discussing how to best help him.

Right now he is in an induced coma which they are keeping him in to allow his brain to heal a little bit. All we can do is stand and look at him and pray as they don't want family members speaking to him or touching him as it may cause a response when they want his brain on minimal activity.

The stroke itself was not a normal stroke but an aneurysm which didn't kill him but instead acted similarly to a stroke.

Thank you for the prayers and keep them coming.

6 Comments:

Blogger Bob's Blog said...

Sorry to learn of your father's situation. He has my prayers.

11:33 PM  
Blogger Joubert said...

An aneurysm is trickier because they sometimes burst. Is he going to have brain surgery to reduce the ballooning of the blood vessel?

1:19 AM  
Blogger Gayle said...

Oh my goodness! Shoprat, I'm deeply sorry to hear about this. I missed your first two posts about it. My prayers are added to those of others for your father's complete recovery. May God bless him and you too.

10:56 AM  
Blogger shoprat said...

Thanks to all, in all postings, who have prayed for my father and my family. I do appreciate it.

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your father has my prayers, Shoprat.

I'm glad that his chances of survival, albeit with the impairments you describe, have improved as much as they have.

5:39 AM  
Blogger Dionne said...

Praying for you, your dad and the rest of your family!!

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home