Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I'm Directing You Away

I am the first to admit that there are people out there a heck of lot smarter and wiser than I am. One of these is the blogger over at One Cosmos (understood to part of "One Cosmos Under God") who goes by the blog name of "Gagdad Bob". I read his blog daily but rarely comment, because it takes me a while to contemplate and digest what Bob has had to say and by the time I am ready to comment ol Bob has already posted another excellent post.

He posts on spiritual matters. His religion is a somewhat unorthodox Christianity which is comparable to the "Christian universalism" of men like George MacDonald (whom he reminds me of.)

He takes spiritual matters, studies them, and then applies it to our lives and social and cultural matters. Some say that the left is much more "spiritual" than the moralistic right wing Jesus Freaks but Gagdad Bob blows them out of the water. Most bloggers attack the left on fact, history and statistics, but Gagdad Bob defends the conservative beliefs on a purely spiritual basis.

If you are not familiar with him then I am going to ask you to read just one posting by him and think about. Hopefully you will understand why I, only half-jokingly, call him the "smartest man on the net." Please note that I do not necessarily agree with everything he says and sometimes I do roll my eyes and occasionally even gag, but he's always thought provoking.

I mean what can you say about a blogger who gives his posts titles like Bill Maher, Bad Theologian, Worse Comedian?

1 Comments:

Blogger Gayle said...

Well, he's certainly got Bill Maher pegged right!

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home