Friday, September 05, 2008

The Mayor is Gone

Or he soon will be after a transition period. He will lose his office as of September 19th, giving the city council time to prepare for his departure. This is the apparent end of a state political crisis . . .

or is it?

I'll move myself and my family aside

If we happen to be left half alive

I'll get all my papers and smile at the sky

Though I know that the hypnotized never lie

Do ya?



There's nothing in the streets

Looks any different to me

And the slogans are replaced, by-the-bye

And the parting on the left

Are now parting on the right

And the beards have all grown longer overnight



I'll tip my hat to the new constitution

Take a bow for the new revolution

Smile and grin at the change all around

Pick up my guitar and play

Just like yesterday

Then I'll get on my knees and pray

We don't get fooled again

Don't get fooled again

No, no!


Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!



Meet the new boss

Same as the old boss


The new boss will probably not be a whole different, or if he is he (or she) wants to make the needed changes the political machine will render the mayor powerless. We saw what happened in Detroit when a reformer became mayor; he was undermined by the cities real political bosses in order to protect their power, prestige and money. Dennis Archer honestly tried to fix the city and wasn't allowed to. I don't think it's going to matter who the mayor is. It can be a man or woman of integrity or just a pawn of the machine, but the machine runs the city.

Detroit is a mess and I will admit that I have no idea how to clean it up. If we don't Detroit will sink and take the whole state down with it.

3 Comments:

Blogger dons_mind said...

one of the news babes said today that after kilpatrick gets out of jail, he should pick up and move to DC and run for mayor of the district - they elect criminals regularly!! so maybe he can go unseat marion barry! lol

8:44 PM  
Blogger Gayle said...

I'll pray it gets cleaned up, Shoprat.

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It turns out the Kilpatrick's case will negatively affect Obama's chances in Michigan.

The GOP has a shot a taking the state in the fall...

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home