Wednesday, January 04, 2012

A Human Right Vindicated

Sarah McKinley

I salute you. Having been devastated by the loss of a husband, you showed the grit to defend your home, your baby, and yourself from hoodlums. You probably never wanted to kill anyone and never thought you would have to but when push came to shove you came through for your baby and yourself and did it. You weren't looking for trouble . . . it came looking for you and you were ready for it.

There is no honest answer to the slogan "When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns."

There is real evil in the world and those who want you or your possessions or your family or perhaps just the thrill of the kill will usually target those who cannot or will not defend themselves. Wishful thinking has never saved a life or stopped a crime.

Mrs McKinley was talking to the police just before she shot. Had she waited for the police she could well be dead, or at least badly hurt or raped. Perhaps even her baby would be dead or gone.

The right to defend yourself, your family or your property is a human right and needs to be respected as such. Police are good, valuable and important but they can only be so many places at one time. There will be times when law-abiding citizens will not have the time to wait for the police and only they, and what tools they have, stand between them and a would be killer/rapist/kidnapper. Let them have and keep the tools they need.

10 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Glad to see you are blogging again, The 2nd amendment is such an important one that those against it make me want to scream. If you don't like guns, don't have them, but let those who want them have them.

10:31 PM  
Blogger Average American said...

Welcome back! Nice post. Good to see how well the second amendment works when it's needed.

2:05 AM  
Blogger Greywolfe said...

I'm proud of this Okie. She's a hell of a good mom. Kill to protect her child rather than kill the child to protect her right to be a slut.

2:22 PM  
Blogger christian soldier said...

your are back-
GREAT!
Carol-Christian Soldier

1:00 AM  
Blogger dmarks said...

Great to see you are posting! Check out my most recent post on R'lyeh. I thought if you when I wrote it. You are the only other blogger I can think of who knows who Lovecraft was.

click here for the post

9:48 PM  
Blogger Ducky's here said...

I'm surprised you guys never talk about the more frequent occasions when dad pulls out some steel and blows away the family.

6:23 PM  
Blogger Always On Watch said...

Shoprat!

Hoping to see you blogging more. I now that you're been going through a rough time.

3:44 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

I agree with AOW.

And I agree with this post.

Self-protection and preservation is a basic right.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Z said...

HI, Shoprat....I'm so glad I thought I'd come by. Please know you're missed.

Ducky...I hope you never need to protect yourself.

10:57 AM  
Blogger dmarks said...

"I'm surprised you guys never talk about the more frequent occasions when dad pulls out some steel and blows away the family."

Sorry, Ducky, those are far less frequent.

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home