Friday, June 23, 2006

Dreaming of Space


Is this the future of manned space travel, at least from America?

It's called "Dreamchaser" and is apparently getting seriously looked at. Capable of both orbital and sub-orbital flights, as well as NASA, commercial and tourism. I have no idea of the cost factors. It can carry six astronauts or fewer astronauts and more cargo to the space station.


It is somewhat puzzling though, in launch configuration the spaceplane is proportionally smaller than the older shuttle (compared to the entire launch configuration).

Also, there are 5 other designs being considered so this is far from sure.

Update: 1:55 PM Never blog while you're falling asleep. I called it "Dream Catcher" and it is "Dream Chaser" and didn't catch it during proofreading.

3 Comments:

Blogger Gayle said...

Interesting. I like the name "Dreamcatcher." I don't know enough about the design of these things to make an intelligent comment, so I'll just say "Hi"! :)

10:02 AM  
Blogger ABFreedom said...

That's kind of cool, and it makes me wonder why they didn't move to the hybrid rocket motor a long time ago, but it still strikes me that there has to be an easier way to escape earths gravity. I guess that's the puzzle in all this. I've seen a lot of different propulsion methods put forward over the years, and they probably haven't reached the practical use stage yet. Nitrous oxide and rubber are safe fuels to use for sure..

11:09 AM  
Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

nike trainers
ugg boots
nike blazer
nike outlet
polo ralph lauren
ralph lauren uk
kate spade sale
louis vuitton sacs
ugg boots
hugo boss suits

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home