Monday, March 03, 2008

Mar 03, 08

The crew I am part of consists of three people and our job is simply to keep the work area clean enough to be safe and efficient for the production workers. It's an easy job when we're all there but let's see. I left Thursday afternoon because I had gotten word that things were getting rough with Dad, but two can handle the job, not easily but it can be done. Then after I left, another member of the crew, a guy about 60 had a heart attack on the factory floor. I felt bad first off because he had a heart attack and he's a good guy, but also because one person, who never complains, was stuck doing all the work, normally done by three. Not a good week for the production janitors. (Though I do expect to return to industrial painting in a couple of weeks - - God willing.)

Dad had a tracheotomy done today and things appear to be going well.

I guess Jihadists aren't the only terrorists in the world. Ecoterrorists are burning down houses to prove a point. While I despise the beliefs and conduct of these people, I'm not sure the term terrorist is appropriate here. A terrorist kills innocent people while these idiots destroy property instead. I would much prefer a term such as felonious vandalism or some such term. It makes them sound less political and more like the common, but dangerous criminals they are. We certainly should do nothing to exalt these animals. I felt the same way about the old abortion clinic bombers (abortion is murder but I oppose the bombing of clinics). As long as the bombs didn't kill or target people, they were vandals, not terrorists. A terrorist seeks to kill people.

Another Space Flight already. The ISS is going to add a bit more internal space and a bit more complexity. Kind of impressive but I'd be more impressed with definite plans for a return to the moon, a lunar base, and a flight to Mars. Sadly too many people have no vision and no understanding of the importance of space for both our nation and humanity as a whole.

7 Comments:

Blogger Bloviating Zeppelin said...

Aha! Good! Things are looking up for your father!

BZ

11:28 PM  
Blogger Rev. Donald Spitz said...

You seem to imply there is something wrong if a babykilling abortion mill is burned or bomb. What do you prefer, dead babies or a pile of bricks? Innocent unborn babies deserve to be protected just as born children deserve to be protected. You would have no problem protecting born children if they were about to be murdered.

SAY THIS PRAYER: Dear Jesus, I am a sinner and am headed to eternal hell because of my sins. I believe you died on the cross to take away my sins and to take me to heaven. Jesus, I ask you now to come into my heart and take away my sins and give me eternal life.

12:08 AM  
Blogger Gayle said...

Reverend Spitz, I don't think Shoprat requires your preaching to him. There is something wrong with an abortion mill being burned or bombed. For one thing, there have been times when there were people inside! Even without that happening, there is always a chance someone may be in the building, and the building is someone's property, so even if no one is murdered, it's still vandalism of the highest degree. The courts are for fighting evil and not taking matters into our own hands!

Shoprat, I hope the man who had a heart attack on the factory floor is okay!

It may not have even been a member of the E.L.F. Shoprat. It may have been some nutjob piromaniac who wanted to start a fire. Either way, they are all idiots. Perhaps we should call them "Eco Idiots!"

If Obama gets elected as president (shudder) any progress we are making in space will come to a screeching halt!

4:21 PM  
Blogger shoprat said...

Rev Spitz
I appreciate your efforts but I was born again 30+ years ago.

4:54 PM  
Blogger The Vegas Art Guy said...

They are terrorists shoprat. The fear of making an investment only to have it go up in smoke is just as potent maybe more so, that getting on a bus in Israel and blowing yourself up. Here money talks and well you know the rest. Violence for political goals is terrorism. ELF would not care in the least if someone had gotten hurt...

1:01 AM  
Blogger Joubert said...

Well said, Gayle. Rev Spitz sounds like a trolling agent provocateur.

Shoprat, I am in two minds about your dad. A tracheotomy will save him for now but also opens him up to infection.

These econuts are terrorists although sometimes I think of them as saboteurs.

1:23 AM  
Blogger benning said...

The Space Station is a money-sucking waste of time. It's technologically obsolete and was when they began it. Space flight is what is needed. Exploration!

Members of ELF should be tracked, cornered, and euthanized. But don't let the MSM know!

Dad takes precedence over work. You made the right call, ES. When I've been ill and called in to work, I have always asked them to call the fellow who relieves me - he actually comes in about 4 hours after I start - and ask him to come in early. He would do it in a heartbeat. They never call him. As far as they're concerned the janitors only matter in that they keep the other associates from cleaning the restrooms. So I no longer worry about what a mess I may be leaving my relief. I did what I could.

Hope Dad's better!

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home