Tuesday, February 26, 2008

What Global Warming?

First off we have a couple of excellent articles suggesting that, seeing as how we are having the coldest winter in years with record cold, snow and ice all over the globe, that perhaps our panic over global warming is a bit . . . premature.

Article 1

Article 2

I never did really believe in global warming because I learned long ago that the environment and a bit of chicken-little fearmongering is politically quite useful. I tend to be quite skeptical of people in environmentally induced panic mode, though when I was 14 I was amongst the first to panic.

Let's see record ice in Antarctica, plus a lot of snow for us, plus . . . hmmm.

Now let's not go the other extreme and start screaming "ICE AGE!!!!" This could be a one year blip, or a correction on a warming trend. One way or the other we have only kept careful records for a few decades and we have no way of even knowing what normal really is.

I wish it was global warming.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bloviating Zeppelin said...

This was the worst snow season I've had in 14 years, downed and damaged trees, damaged car, broken window, and I have the pinched nerve in my arm (from shoveling) to prove it.

BZ

2:35 AM  
Blogger Bloviating Zeppelin said...

Here's an amazing thought: maybe it's actually CYCLICAL and Man really doesn't have POOP to do with it.

BZ

2:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home