Thursday, March 06, 2008

A Minor Memory

We had teen-aged stars when I was a kid too and yes, they did have their share of problems. But they didn't seem to go as crazy as a few have today.

Marie Osmond was a lovely young lady with amazing talent when she started recording at the age of 14, (and being all of 16 myself at that time, thought she was alright in other ways too). Yes she had problems and some embarrassing episodes in her life but she never totally trashed out as a few young stars have recently.

I remember seeing her on TV singing this very song and one word went through my mind repeatedly.

Wow

But then I was only 16.

5 Comments:

Blogger Gayle said...

That's still awesome, Shoprat. It brought back memories and my eyes welled up. It's because they just don't make songs like that anymore. Some country-western comes close, but even a lot of it is crap.

Thank you for sharing. I think you had very good taste at 16! :)

10:52 AM  
Blogger AmPowerBlog said...

Shoprat, I think you've got just a couple of years on my, but I sure do remember how cute Marie was when I was a kid.

Now, Donny Osmond's in a new movie with Raven from Disney Channel, and I find myself telling my kid who the "Osmonds" were.

Life's strange...

9:19 AM  
Blogger dons_mind said...

hubba hubba.....agree with the wow!
nice clip.... :)

9:59 AM  
Blogger Bloviating Zeppelin said...

My very first heart-throb was model Jean Shrimpton. Then it was Farrah Fawcett. Heavy sigh.

BZ

9:26 PM  
Blogger Dionne said...

A friend and I were just talking about her today. We went with our kids to the cheesy movie, College Roadtrip and Donny Osmond was in it. He played a humiliating part, not sure why he lowered himself to do that.

Anyway, I was remembering how my brother had the Donny Osmond doll and I had the Marie Osmond one.

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home