Monday, June 26, 2006

Me -- Wrong Place -- Wrong Time

Since I'm only working half-time until changeover is complete, I took advantage of some free time and went for a short stroll. I was about half a mile from my home home and the sky, which had been bright with a few clouds quickly darkened.

Hmmm. Looks like it might rain. I turn around and head home.

30 seconds later. Thunder. I step up the pace.

30 seconds after that. Sprinkling. I hurry a bit.

About a minute later. "Feet don't fail me now!" It starts raining hard.

About half a block from home it is raining so hard that I can barely see. I get under the awning of a store. The wind picks up and starts blowing toward the store (a craft shop whose owner I know) so I go inside and watch barely able to see the cars parked outside, plus the wind is driving the rain onto the windows so hard you couldn't see outside clearly anyway. The rain is hitting the walls, roof, and windows so hard that it sounds like a train going by. About 15 to 20 minutes later it slows to steady pleasant rain and I head home. The water at the curbside is standing over onto the edge of the sidewalks in puddles that reach half-way to the middle of the street. I can only think "Wow!"

I get home to a shock. I had left a window open. My hardwood floor has standing water on it. Sigh . . . Get the mop. Fortunately nothing but a couple of old comics book were ruined. Nothing valuable or expensive.

About 2 hours later I went outside and walked through a park that is only a couple blocks away. A couple of medium sized branches fell, and small branches everywhere. My only thought was "Why did it happen while I was outside and a ways from home?"

6 Comments:

Blogger ABFreedom said...

Gotta look on the bright side.... didn't have to really take a shower after did ya ... LOL ... Been there a few times myself .. kind of annoying being drenched.

9:59 PM  
Blogger Lone Pony said...

Murphy's law.

10:10 PM  
Blogger Joubert said...

Sorry about the water on your hardwood floor but I would have enjoyed getting caught in the storm.

11:20 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

God telling you that you need a shower!
PJC-like your new pic, you looked drunk in the old one.

10:34 AM  
Blogger shoprat said...

abf & tim It doesn't work that way. Still had to take one. :-D

lp The only infallable law of nature there is.

pjc I too would have loved it in a little less of storm, but that one was ridiculous.

8:14 PM  
Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

nike trainers
ugg boots
nike blazer
nike outlet
polo ralph lauren
ralph lauren uk
kate spade sale
louis vuitton sacs
ugg boots
hugo boss suits

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home